I’ve been toying with the idea of trying to harvest yeast from close to where I live for quite a while now. Tonight, I finally acted on it. I made a one liter starter wort with filtered water and light liquid malt extract. I brewed a 1.040 wort and split it between two mason jars covered with a double layer of cheese cloth and secured with just the ring lid from the mason jar. I set both of these jars tonight in the boughs of two different trees on the grounds of Ft. Vancouver to see what falls in to the jars and hopefully I can harvest some yeast from them to brew with. Tomorrow morning, I’ll pick them up and grow up the samples to see what I’ve collected. We’ll see how it goes. I’ll keep you posted.